Thanks for the interest! Just a note in case there is some uncertainty due to COVID-19; we are still growing and actively hiring for this position as well as many others. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals, and we are passionate about accelerating scientific discovery and understanding by democratizing science communication.
As our second Product Manager, you will own key pieces of our product roadmap and work closely with our Sr. PM and executive team to build amazing products that our users love. You will collaborate with the product team to define product needs, strategize on innovative products and approaches and drive products from ideation to completion. You will execute major strategic and product initiatives for driving customer engagement and retention while finding creative ways to optimize the product development process.
Our ideal fit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Curious, loves asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- Dedicated to building a product users are excited to use
- Obsesses about continuous product improvement and loves using data and user feedback to drive product decisions
- Wants to revolutionize how science is communicated around the world
- Partner with our user community to advance product decision-making and discover new areas of opportunity
- Own projects and work with UX, engineers, designers, copywriters, and illustrators to drive them to completion
- Innovate on how to improve the product development process. You will anticipate blocks or threats and communicate them clearly to the team
- Conduct ongoing meetings for different projects to make sure they are on track and action items are getting completed on time
- Be a champion for our users and play a key role in identifying high-impact areas of product improvement based on user feedback, bugs, and feature requests
- Manage feature requests and product decisions; work directly with our Sr. PM to build an amazing product that our users love
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Manager in a product-focused high growth company, ideally at SaaS startup, is a must
- Proven experience building great software, including responsibility for driving prioritization, tradeoffs, and timelines
- Must be analytical and fairly technical. You should be able to communicate with engineers and understand challenges, tradeoffs, and timelines
- Prior experience driving projects from ideation to completion, evaluating tradeoffs, and prioritizing product decisions to drive the greatest possible impact
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and good conflict resolution skills
- Strong communicator. You will be expected to communicate with users to gather feedback and data and communicate the product roadmap to the team
- Educational background in life sciences is a huge plus
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Competitive salary + options
High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
Additional perks like weekly lunches
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page .
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
+ Read more
BioRender is a software developer that provides scientists with a visual research platform.