The MAC Artist is responsible for creating production ready files and executing client changes. The MAC Artist picks up where Art Directors and Graphic Designers have left off, ensuring the quality and accuracy of all files before they are released. Please note the hours for this role will be 11:00am-7:00pm.
• Produce production-ready final deliverables according to specs for print and digital execution
• Execute client changes as required, create versions and manage other languages, including French
• Collaborate with creative/design and project management teams to ensure design cohesion, consistency and accuracy across a campaign and/or a collection of deliverables
• Unflinching application of brand standards and guidelines
• Ensure that all work is proofread and checked for accuracy before it is released
• Adherence to production schedules or dates provided
• Support the studio team as required to ensure all work is complete as required
• Comply with, and champion, fuelcontent processes, procedures and technologies
• Ensure that all agency accounting processes (e.g. time and unit entry) are stringently followed
• Occasionally create mock-ups or other presentation pieces
• Assist in the completion of new business pitches
• Ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures including health and safety.
• Perform other functions and responsibilities as assigned from time to time
• Graphic arts/communications degree/diploma
Key Hard Skills
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign
• Proficient in design and typography
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and their capabilities
• Working knowledge of printing and digital production techniques and processes
Job Knowledge and Experience
• One (1) years’ experience in the graphic arts industry in an electronic art studio environment or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of production/graphics arts
• Experience with retouching and production of html files an asset
Key Performance Skills
• Fast and efficient quality design execution skills
• Sense of design
• Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages of production
Key Personal Characteristics
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Works well in a fast-paced team environment
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Attention to detail
• Ongoing contact with Resource Manager, Project/Production Managers, Proofreaders, Art Directors, Graphic Designers, Client Services
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.
FCB Canada is a division of Interpublic Group of Companies, Canada Inc., a global advertising agency.