Practices within the context of a client and family centred care model, and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of practice and Code of Ethics for registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses as well as the vision and values of the organization.
The Regional Clinical Educator is responsible for supporting the department’s vision of ‘Leading Learning, Partnering for Potential’, and through the lens of the Education philosophy, utilizing evidence informed education theory to inform programming and practice standards. The Regional Clinical Educator is responsible for the overall success of the Clinical Education program implementation and sustainability across VCH, and reviews and monitors policies, procedures, and/or guidelines relating to education activities. Leads and is responsible for the coordination and delivery of the Clinical Educator educational programs for the designated area of the organization, develops program initiatives, and implements a substantive evaluation process to ensure appropriate learning needs are met. Administers, promotes and oversees the ongoing development of Clinical Educators to promote quality learning environments across the organization to support the education needs of clinical staff. Coaches Clinical Educators to achieve both teaching and staff performance excellence. Partners with Managers, Clinical Educators, and regional education leads to ensure the overall success of educational program implementation and delivery across the organization, and reviews and monitors policies, procedures, and standards relating to educational activities. The Regional Clinical Educator is a positive, professional and informed role model across the organization and with peers in the industry, and demonstrates nimble and creative approaches to education in their own teaching practice.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Master’s Degree in either Nursing or Education preferred.
- Five (5) years’ recent, related progressive nursing education experience in a complex health care environment and experience in education program planning and delivery.
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and resolution skills that include three (3) years supervisory leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience using a variety of software applications including presentation, word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Valid BC Driver’s license may be required as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid in accordance with the collective agreement.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of program evaluation approaches and outcome measurement.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and delivery.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong leader, motivator, coach/mentor and as a strong team member.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated use of nursing process - assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Excellent group facilitator, demonstrates flexibility and collaboration.
- Demonstrated competency with various computer applications, information sources, and innovative education delivery methods (i.e. twitter, Clickers, simulations, YouTube, Skype, etc.)
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process . Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Vancouver Coastal Health
Vancouver Coastal Health, formerly Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (VCH), provides a complete range of health care services for over one million residents in the Greater Vancouver Area.