As an integral member of the Pharmacy team, the Pharmacy Technician will be accountable for many aspects of hospital related drug distribution. As all members of the Pharmacy team, the Pharmacy Technician will work towards providing excellent customer service and quality in a safe and timely manner. The duties will include all aspects of unit dose distribution, such as preparing sterile products (including chemotherapy drugs and total parental nutrition) using aseptic technique, narcotic and controlled drug management, compounding/manufacturing medications, drug packaging; inventory control functions. They will also be involved in quality improvement initiatives, obtaining Best Possible Medication Histories (BPMH) as part of Medication Reconciliation, and transporting of drugs to patient care areas and other tasks as required.
- Completed a Pharmacy Technician Program at an accredited college.
- Current licensure by the Ontario College of Pharmacists as a Pharmacy Technician and in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Minimum of one years' experience in a hospital inpatient pharmacy
- Knowledge/practice - Keyboarding/computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience with Meditech Pharmacy Module and/or order entry is an asset.
- Experience using aseptic technique, drug dispensing systems and equipment, pharmaceutical compounding /packaging, pharmaceutical calculations, working knowledge of pharmaceutical and medical terminology.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to complete duties.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal required.
- Experience with interviewing patients, interdisciplinary staff, family members and other care providers is an asset.
- Experience with Ontario MedsCheck Program or in completing BPMH and medication reconciliations in a hospital setting is an asset.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctuality.
PLEASE NOTE: Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #202931-34. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Based on recent government mandates and directives, Healthcare workers are now required to provide proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination to work in an acute care setting such as Joseph Brant Hospital. If successful in receiving a job offer with Joseph Brant Hospital, new hires will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date as a condition of their employment. In the event that successful candidates are unable to get their COVID-19 vaccination as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to determine if they are exempt from this requirement to employee health services upon receiving their offer of employment.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe and respectful place for everyone to visit, work and receive care. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at email@example.com or at Ext. 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.
+ Read more