Okta is looking for seasoned Salesforce.com software engineers with the desire and experience to build and maintain one of the most complex Salesforce.com orgs around: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Lightning Communities, custom CPQ and FinancialForce solutions, almost 100 installed packages, and broad integrations with internal and external systems. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building secure, robust, scalable, innovative solutions to help drive a rapidly growing business that runs on Salesforce.com. You’ll be part of a growing team of Salesforce.com engineers working to take our development processes to the next level with continuous integration, automated testing, and scalable, reusable frameworks. Our Salesforce.com team is fast and agile, with two-week sprint cycles and weekly production deployments. We simultaneously develop innovative new solutions and integrations to meet the changing needs of a global business, and we provide operational support to ensure and maintain the health of our 2000 user org.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing, building, testing, and deploying Salesforce.com solutions that meet business needs, fit well into our existing Salesforce.com ecosystem, and meet or exceed project requirements.
- Identifying and resolving production issues, with a constant eye toward developing broad, reusable frameworks to enhance the scalability and robustness of our org.
- Maintaining and enhancing system functionality and performance by analyzing and identifying security risks, system inefficiencies, and broad areas for improvement.
- Participating in business requirement analysis and planning for new applications, enhancements, and system changes.
- Building well designed, well documented, thoroughly tested solutions that respect and operate within Salesforce.com limits and constraints.
- This role is highly visible - candidates must have excellent communication and presentation skills. Our customers are Okta’s business teams, and they have high expectations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7-10 years total hands-on software development experience.
5+ years hands-on Salesforce development building reliable, secure, scalable solutions:
- Developing scalable, efficient Apex triggers/handlers.
- Designing complex synchronous and asynchronous processes with robust retry and error handling.
- Developing and maintaining custom Visualforce pages and components.
- Building rich user experiences with custom Lightning components.
- Delivering secure solutions that leverage native Salesforce.com mechanisms to protect sensitive data.
- Deep experience with SFDC Object design, SOQL & SOSL and the Salesforce data model.
- Hands-on experience in an Agile environment, scoping work into manageable user stories and executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience performing design/code reviews to identify best-fit solutions in a very complex environment.
- Working experience with our Devops stack: Jira, Git, Jenkins.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles.
- Ability to work well within cross-team project groups.
- Experience with Steelbrick CPQ and FinancialForce.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with NetSuite and RevPro.
- Salesforce DX experience.
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Active Force.com Platform Developer I certification required. Platform Developer II preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply nowU.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary . Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities 1 . To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1 Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .
public burden statement: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta, Inc. is a provider of user identity management services.