Working as part of the integrated Pipelines Group to oversee the engineering standards, pre-FEED, FEED, detailed engineering, IFC, and as-built stages for new pipelines and related infrastructure, and upgrades to existing pipelines systems;
• manage the complete pipeline engineering process including utilization and supervision of all necessary internal and external resources to meet deliverables scope and schedule, design review and approval by internal and external stakeholders, and as-built and final project engineering sign off and close out;
• supervision, expert input, and review of engineering critical assessments and FEED studies including economic, feasibility and risk assessments using practical experience and engineering principles;
• preparing, reviewing, and sealing pipeline mechanical design, routing and construction drawings including material(s) take off, specification, and procurement;
• working with the Pipelines Group senior team members to analyze owners costs, and project costs, schedule and construction resources to all AACE Class levels of project definition throughout the project life cycle in order to make recommendations to internal clients as to the preferred alternatives;
• provide expert input to regulatory permit application development, and lead technical interface during permit application regulatory proceedings;
• directing the work of junior engineers, technologists, designers, drafters, and external consultants;
• providing technical support for the Operations Group; and
• responsibility for compliance with regulations, codes, standards and guidelines as they apply to the design, environment, safety, regulatory and other stakeholders of new or upgraded facility projects and FortisBC operating practices.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with a minimum of 12 years’ experience in a related field, including 4+ years of specialized experience in pipeline system design and eligible for registration with APEGBC.
• Proven experience leading engineering teams for the successful implementation of major pipeline capital projects exceeding $500 million;
• Demonstrated leadership skills – ability to provide clear focus and direction to meet objectives;
• The ability to take initiative, analyze and solve problems with a positive attitude. This involves working proactively with little direction;
• Exceptional oral and written communication;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Advanced knowledge of computer systems and sound working knowledge of data processing and specialized software;
• Developed interpersonal skills - must be a team player able to interact harmoniously with a diverse internal and external group; and
• Strong pipeline construction background considered an asset including demonstrated understanding of the engineering analysis and implementation of innovative solutions to address construction challenges and long term operational risk associated with installing pipelines through areas comprising, geohazards, seismic vulnerability, unstable slopes, muskeg, mountainous terrain etc.
FortisBC Inc., a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., is an electrical distribution company that services the south central region of British Columbia.