Senior Product Manager
Reports to: VP, Marketing
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Do you enjoy building and refining services in the emerging managed cloud and hosting space? Do you like bringing new products to the market and positioning services to the market?
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth and as an exceptional service provider in hybrid IT solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a Senior Product Manager based in our Richmond Hill headquarters. As the Senior Product Manager you will play a critical role at Carbon60 to build, position, price and help promote our services internally and externally. You will act as the quarterback interfacing with the Operations and Sales teams to translate requirements to support client pursuits and build roadmaps for new features and services. You diligently apply your product marketing and technical knowledge in the managed IT services and cloud space to rally the company to innovate and improve.
Your focus includes, but not limited to:
- Own and refine Carbon60’s short and long-term product roadmap, working cross-functionally with the technology/operations team
- Understand the cloud market landscape and trends and customer requirements as inputs to product strategy development
Product Management & Marketing
- Define and refine service specifications for full product line
- Set pricing/costing for all products and maintain price book and quoting tool
- Track revenue and cost trends for key product categories to determine trends and opportunities of improvement and efficiency
- Create marketing collateral with effective positioning, features, benefits, use cases
- Create and maintain and website content for products and thought leadership
- Assist in events for content development, presentations, speaking opportunities
- Train sales team on Carbon60’s portfolio
- Build internal positioning collateral, presentations, cheat sheets, FAQs, etc. to assist sales team to qualify and position Carbon60 capabilities effectively
- Provide assistance as subject matter expert to assist sales team in opportunity pursuits
What you bring:
- Previous experience in a product management, product marketing role at a managed hosting service provider.
- You can balance strategy and execution to get things done in a cross-functional team.
- You have success in translating technical concepts to sales and customer business requirements to technical teams, finding the right balance in moving projects forward to minimal viable product status and iterating to improve product features over time.
- Strong analytical and financial skills to dive deep into product/service costing and pricing and the ability to assess concepts in various angles and articulate findings to leadership team.
- Solid understanding of the managed hosting, public cloud and broader IT services market in Canada and the U.S.
- Act as an internal evangelist for your products and motivate relevant cross-functional teams to buy in and take action on projects.
- The ability to work independently and seek help when needed.
- Our culture is the foundation of our success. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, with a roll up your sleeves, get it done attitude. Your excitement to be part of something special brings energy and enthusiasm that engages people around you. Like the rest of the team, you are self-motivated and driven to succeed together.
Ideally you bring:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product management, product marketing roles in the managed hosting, cloud, IT services market.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent writing skills to create effective marketing collateral.
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills for internal and external purposes.
- Strong Excel skills for financial analysis.
- Motivated to continuously learn and achieve vendor certifications: AWS, Azure, Google, VMware
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 welcomes and encourages applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Carbon60 Networks Inc.
Established in 1999, Carbon60 Networks Inc. is a provider of end-to-end, web-based services to both public and private organizations.