G+D Mobile Security’s industry leading eSIM management technologies provide for the remote lifecycle administration of mobile devices, credentials and data. In the IoT and Smart Wearables markets, G+D Mobile Security partners with established enterprise players and innovative start-ups to deliver the highest level of security to the ecosystem. G+D Mobile Security has been trusted by mobile network operators, technology companies, and financial institutions to secure their physical and digital assets for over 160 years.
The Senior Solution Architect position is part of the Solution Sales [SSOL] vertical inside the Trusted Connected Devices [TCD] organization. The Senior Solution Architect interfaces our customers on the technical and strategical levels, being responsible for the gathering and translation of their requirements and creation of the scope and architecture for every opportunity. Our US operations are headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The position, however, can also be based in Toronto, Ontario or Atlanta, GA and requires around 20% of travel.
The Senior Solution Architect is a professional with high degree of technical knowledge in enterprise-grade application, databases, systems integration and different architecture designs. She or he will work closely with Solution Sales Managers, owning the technical solution scope of the pre-sales and sales phases for every opportunity. This includes the overall responsibility for the solution descriptions and statements of work, as well as change requests.
This is a customer focused and facing role. The Senior Solution Architect is responsible to create and establish relationships and delight our customers with outstanding technical skills.
- Design value added solutions (such as SIM Management, Device Management, eSIM management, Roaming Steering and Credentials Management) for mobile network operators, technology and automotive companies to satisfy customer requirements.
- Write and secure sign-off of solution description documents with the customer
- Conduct technical workshops, present technical solutions/use cases and perform training, demonstrations and consulting services with customers in collaboration with Solution Sales Managers and Customer Service Managers
- Engagement and trust-building with relevant technical stakeholders from customer during solution scoping and design
- Complete the technical SOW in collaboration with Solution Expert and Product Manager in Mobile Security
- Support to and interaction with other jobs an functions:
- Support Customer Service Managers with change requests, renewals, upgrades of deals in regards to technology, training and consulting
- Support Solution Sales Managers with deal shaping, scoping, service architecture, technical competence, change requests, compliance, solution description and documentations, standard offering and customization, training and consulting from RFx process to service implementation
- Support Account Management with service architecture, technical competence, from RFx process to service implementation
- Support Service Owner in shaping service portfolio with input related to technical customer requirements
- Support Project Managers with project kick-offs, change of scope in project execution, verify delivery towards sold services in project closure with regards to customer communication and customizations
- Service Operations during service delivery with regards to customer communication, proactive troubleshooting
- Collect feedback from Regional Head Service & Solution Sales on customer requirements around solutions, products and services from the market
- Follow Professional Services global policies, procedures and tools
- Consider and meet compliance and information security requirements in pre-sales and sales of services
- Evaluate, improve and add applicable work instructions
- Identify and address day-to -day continuous improvement activities towards Regional Service Quality Manager and/or supervisor for further action, related to tools, procedures and compliance fulfilment
- Timely and accurate time reporting
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
General education and experience required
- University degree in Computer Science, engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience architecting service software solutions within the B2B segment ideally in the mobility and IoT space or related telecommunication industry experience.
- Solution Architecture and solution scoping expertise
- Expert in creating calls flows (i.e. UML) and design diagrams
- Expert in writing technical documents and creating and conducting technical presentations with customers.
- Experience with the integration of proprietary software, different databases and network topologies, cloud technologies and public key infrastructure (PKI).
General knowledge and skills
- Advanced technical skillset in the Solution Sales area, e.g. enterprise-grade application solutions and software-as-a-service
- Service and solution sales knowledge
- Service specific knowledge
- Service Lifecycle Management, SLAs, deployment scenarios
- Market trends (e.g. XaaS, Cloud, Virtualization, Digitalization)
- Virtualization, Containers and Orchestration Services (Dockers, Kubernetes, VMWare, Openstack, Openshift)
- Knowledge of IT and solution architecture
- Network topologies
- Security Mechanisms (VPN, Firewall, TLS/SSL, Encryption Schemes)
- Operating System Knowledge: Linux
- Database concepts (SQL, NoSQL, replication, backup and restore)
- API - Application Programming Interfaces (REST, SOAP)
- High Availability Design Architecture (single site, disaster recovery, geographic redundancy)
- Data Transfer Protocols: HTTP, SMPP, SFTP, Diameter, SS7
- Familiarity with main development/scripting languages: Python, PHP, Java, C, C++, Bash, PL/SQL.
- Knowledge in scoping and designing value added services for Mobile Network Operator solutions that include, but is not limited to: SMS-based solutions, roaming steering solutions, SIM card centric solutions, mobile device management solutions, Internet-of-Things solutions.
- Knowledge in Mobile Network Operators’ 2G-5G core infrastructure component/specification (UDP, HSS, HLR, MSC, VLR, EPC, IMS, SMS-C, BSS, OSS, Entitlement Server, etc)
- Familiarity with specification documents interpretation
- Understanding of ITIL processes and Service Management
- Basic understanding of the entire development process. Advanced understanding of the sales process
- Accustomed to work with short deadlines in customer engagements
- Ability to present technical information in a pedagogical manner
- Service orientated selling approach
- Customer and service orientation
- Business acumen during pre-sales phase
- Drive for self-learning and improvement
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Ability to follow given processes, procedures and work instructions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, listening and teamwork skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
$$ Giesecke+Devirent Mobile Security America, Inc. endeavors to make www.gi-de.com/en/careers/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at (703)480-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
$$ $$ $$ $$ $$ https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=gieseckede&career_job_req_id=16382&career_ns=job_application
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada, Inc.
Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada, Inc. is a provider of security hardware and software products for commercial banks, business enterprises, network operators, and public transportation companies.