The Site Health and Safety Advisor implements the activities planned by the Health and Safety Department for the project. Its focus is directed in the field to support site field staff. He has the authority to stop any activity performed by Borea's on-site workers that is deemed unsafe or environmentally unsound.
Responsibilities and duties
Ensure compliance in the application of:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations;
- Prevention Program of the work provider, project manager; Borea and subcontractors.
Conduct regular inspections in order to:
- Identify non-compliance or at-risk situations;
- Inform the Superintendent of risks and hazards;
- Demand that the appropriate preventive measures are established;
- Ensure that implementation is done in a timely fashion;
- Provide updates regarding changes to the Superintendent.
Ensure that H&S management meetings are of high quality:
- Welcome/orientation, site committee, safety breaks and special meetings if required.
Investigate following accidents, incidents or near misses which could have had significant consequences:
- Complete required reports;
- Determine the causes;
- Inform the Superintendent and the Project Manager;
- Identify preventive measures;
- Ensure corrective action implementation and ensures follow-up;
- Update the superintendent, coordinator and/or H&S Director as required;
- Accurate and timely data entry.
- Require certificates of operation/compliance for heavy equipment and/or lifting devices;
- Receive the WCB Alberta inspector with respect, support and offer our full cooperation.
- Perform any other related tasks.
do you have these qualifications and skills? :
- Relevant experience as a health and safety advisor and/or health/safety construction site experience
- Excellent knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations in Health and Safety
- Good proficiency with computer (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- High geographical mobility
- Valid driver license
- Ability to work in teams and communicate both verbally and written
- Excellent management skills
- Autonomy and leadership
- Excellent team management and conflict resolution assets
- High administrative rigor
- Comfort working in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
Borea Construction is a wind farm construction firm and renewable energy EPC contractor.