Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What You’ll Do
You will be actively involved in the design and development of new features, ongoing support of existing features, and test automation. The team is looking for an ambitious individual with a team-first attitude, who in the spirit of the Agile process, is willing to pursue whatever responsibility is necessary to supply to the performance and success of a team, Cisco, and our customers.
Who You'll Work With
You will work as an active member of a high performing and Agile team that is responsible for the development of MPLS, OTV, and Layer 3 Routing take on for Cisco’s latest generation data center switches. Team members develop and test features, support feature and system testing done by other teams, automate component and feature testing, and deliver software in a continuous integration framework. Every team member is both willing and capable of tackling any responsibility within the overall software delivery mandate.
Who You Are
You are an ambitious, self-motivated, and team-first individual, who wants to learn, take ownership of assignments, and do what is necessary for the overall success of the organization.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree related to Software Development (Computer Science, Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent).
- A high degree of proficiency with C or C++with real-time concepts and embedded software development.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent at troubleshooting/debugging.
- Experience with Linux/Unix in a development capacity.
- Experience with source code control systems such as GIT and proficiency with Python.
- You are experienced with Jenkins, Rally, and other Agile and/or continuous integration tools.
- You have strong knowledge of Networking Technologies (TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- You have deep understanding of the complexities involved in implementing multi-client APIs on shared data.