Reporting to the Superintendent, Human Resource Planning and Talent Management, the Senior Advisor, Talent Management and Org Improvement, is primarily accountable succession planning. This position is also accountable for the recruitment and orientation of all senior management staff, the support and maintenance for various performance management and compensation programs and also supports other key processes and accountabilities within Human Resources.
Additionally, the position administers the non-unionized job evaluation plans, provides support in various non-unionized payroll, pension and benefit programs, conducts research on management compensation issues and supports the bargaining process.at Trail Operations.
- Participates in the succession planning process for management/salaried staff positions by attending meetings with supervisors to review and analyze employee performance, identify training needs and career development plans, and ensure employees receive related feedback.
- Administers the non-union employee performance management program through the provision of guidance to managers and supervisors, the writing of job profile competencies, the coordination of related training and career development programs, and auditing for the compliance and effectiveness of the program.
- Auditing the non-union employee performance management program (i.e. Building Strength with People) for compliance.
- Administers the non-union employee job evaluation process by writing, maintaining and evaluating positions utilizing the Hay point system to ensure appropriate compensation and ratings in relation to other positions within Trail Operations.
- Provides guidance to colleagues on compensation offers for external hires, ensures for internal equity with current employee salaries.
- Provides support for the annual salary review of non-union employees including working with supervisors in determining employees’ performance ratings, identifying eligibility for performance bonuses, and ensuring the accuracy of appropriate salary increases.
- Administers the Engineer's Salary Progression program, ensures that supervisors complete the Ability Competency Matrix (AC Matrix) performance reviews, and leads the Progression Review Committee in the analysis of the ACM appraisals.
- Coordinates the registration of employees into the Simon Fraser University Teck Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA) programs; provides guidance to both employees and managers of those interested in these programs; assists with questions on availability of courses; provides guidance to managers in determining eligibility of courses when insufficient seats are available.
- Provide advice, guidance and information to all levels of line supervision and employees on interpretation, application and implementation of personnel policies, procedures and regulations concerning matters such as employee performance, discipline and collective agreements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Organizational Development
- A minimum of 6 years of broad Human Resources experience with a focus on recruitment and succession planning
- Knowledge of compensation and benefits theories and principles
- Recruitment and resourcing experience in professional and technical roles within the resources and mining sector
- Technical, comprehensive understanding of human resources information systems
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite applications) and integrated Human Resource Information Systems.
- Experience in or working knowledge of applicable employment and benefit laws and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate with very high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment