Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada by 2022 and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
The Senior Process Improvement Analyst is responsible for leading, designing and developing process improvement strategies across the many processes and activities performed by the Finance team. The successful candidate will be leveraging their significant experience in process re-engineering and/or Lean Six Sigma to identify areas of waste and implement process improvements. As part of this role, they will collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholder groups to identify efficiency opportunities, quantify upstream and downstream process change impacts, major risks, mitigation strategies and alternatives. They will also help manage these items as an overall portfolio of improvement initiatives, tracking program delivery activities, benefits realized, risks/issues, and reporting this information to senior leaders.
- Drive business process improvement efforts across the Finance team to ensure that standardization, efficiencies and best practices are employed while leveraging systems, automation and other solutions as needed
- Leading integration of Finance process and system solutions to deliver overall improvements
- Build comprehensive and standardized methodologies to ensure outputs are consistent and are integrated between functions
- Facilitate meetings with subject matter experts and project team members to obtain content in an organized and efficient manner
- Lead collaboration with senior level cross-functional Stakeholders (e.g. AVP and Manager) upstream and downstream to gather input, feedback and to evaluate engagement with the ‘To-Be’ processes
- Influence key stakeholders through effective and compelling communication to understand the value of process changes, key dependencies with other initiatives, and the sequencing of improvement activities.
- Partner with Senior Business Leaders to refine areas of focus and define KPIs, benefits to be realized, and benefits/improvements delivered, revisiting regularly and evaluating progress
- Effectively communicating key process changes, summarizing complex items into simple models or visuals that can explain the key points and impacts of the change and share this with stakeholders at multiple levels to gather input, feedback, and engagement on the future state design of processes.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Action oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then this is definitely the place to be.
- Process Re-engineering or Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma green or black belt
- 3 to 5 years' relevant experience preferred.
- University degree in Business or a related discipline
- CPA or Finance experience preferred
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including executive level presentations in Powerpoint, project plans in Project, and detailed process maps in Visio
- Experience with building project plans, tracking status, risks, issues, action items, and deliverables, and summarizing into overall status reports.
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; able to plan and manage a schedule
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Top Employers .
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn .
Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
Canadian Tire Corporation Limited is a family of companies that includes the flagship Canadian Tire retail store (and accompany auto service and gas stations) across Canada, Mark's clothing, FGL Sports stores (including Sport Chek, Hockey Experts and National Sports) as well as a supporting Financial Services division.