Talent and Culture Coordinator
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Talent and Culture, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promote, live and demonstrate Company Values
- Ensure that the colleague and the guest are at the center of everything that Talent & Culture does
- Ensure that all team members feel trusted and valued for their contribution
- Follow and implement all Company and brand established onboarding procedures which ensure new colleagues feel welcome and all team members are prepared for the new colleagues’ arrival
- Assist in Coordinating Company and brand specific orientation programs and training programs
- Manage all new hire paperwork and files
- Understand, communicate, implement, and adhere to all Talent & Culture policies & procedures
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director, Talent & Culture in coordinating employee related activities and events, such as the employee engagement survey, annual colleague gala, etc.
- Maintain accurate, confidential records on employees files
- Assist with the day to day administration and coordination of all activities within the Talent & Culture Department including: filing, photocopying, collating, mail, courier, phone and fax; typing of correspondence, reports, charts, tables, brochures and other collateral materials; drafting correspondence on own initiative for the approval of the Talent & Culture Director; maintaining a confidential, accurate and organized filing system for employee personnel and disciplinary files
- Data input and tracking of information into HR Systems (employee action forms, new hire files, status changes, training, benefits, pension, payroll audit trail, etc.)
- Assist Director and Assistant Director of Talent & Culture in maintaining data for Accor Hotels statistics requirements
- Welcome colleagues to the Talent & Culture office as the first point of contact and assist colleagues with password resets, ID cards, nametags and all general inquiries
- Diploma in related field;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Human Resources role;
- Hotel operation experience is desirable;
- Knowledge of local labor laws and employment law requirements;
- Ability to support a collaborative environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of colleagues;
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality;
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Flexible, able to embrace and respond to change effectively;
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative;
- Self-motivated, energetic, and participative.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
about fairmont hotels & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!