The Team Lead manages the day-to-day delivery of high quality certification and testing services for a designated product group. Responsible for ensuring operational and financial targets are met for the assigned group. Ensures delivery of these services is consistent with, and in support of, corporate and divisional policies and objectives. Provides high quality certification services which meets the clients' needs in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while ensuring safe products are available in the public marketplace.
- Manages day-to-day operation and delivery of certification and testing services for a small team of up to ten (10) certifiers in the assigned product group. Schedules, assigns work and control service delivery output. Ensures all aspects of the services delivered meet divisional and corporate policies and procedures. Determines and initiates actions required to improve service delivery. Corrects operational and equipment related deficiencies as appropriate to ensure deadlines and financial targets are met.
- Manages employees by providing direction and leadership to all service delivery employees within the designated area. Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates staff as required. Develops and assigns performance/productivity goals and monitors the efficiency levels of staff to ensure high quality execution of certification and testing services. Assists in the growth of employees through training and career development activities. Approves employee overtime, vacation, and expense accounts as appropriate.
- Develops the business plan and operating budget items for the assigned product group in conjunction with the Product Group Manager. Determines annual capital and capacity requirements and develops forecasts based on these determinations. Monitors progress towards accomplishing plan objectives and budget targets, including purchase and installation of capital equipment. Identifies and implements any corrective actions required to achieve goals. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction indicators and financial targets are met (revenue and margin) for the designated area.
- Manages and resolves customer issues concerning certification and testing on a regular basis. Responds to general questions; provides technical assistance, discusses and resolves issues around scheduling and project completion.
- Responsible to ensure the high quality and safe delivery of certification and testing services within the product group. Ensures all staff is trained in appropriate work methods and is compliant with divisional quality and safety procedures. Monitors the quality of the work completed by the product group staff; identifies and resolves any gaps in product knowledge, technical skill level, and customer service or safety procedures. Responds to non-conformances resulting from everyday operations, quality and safety audits and implements corrective actions. Demonstrates and promotes a commitment to service delivery quality and safety.
- Assures service delivery and leads certification projects as necessary.
- Develops monthly management reports. Provides regular information on the product group's financial results, productivity, customer satisfaction, and safety as requested by the Operations Manager. Contributes to highly sensitive and confidential reports concerning items such as capacity management, organizational redesign, work relocation, employee job content, and policy/procedure development.
- Ensures that corporate and divisional procedures and guidelines are effectively communicated and implemented in the unit.
Manages certification projects concurrently and ensures completion within time frames and cost deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's or degree in Engineering or equivalent with 5 or more years of job related experience.
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience preferred.
- Understanding of knowledge of Standards and testing procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of CSA certification options, programs and services applicable to a variety of equipment.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required.
- Conflict resolution skills to deal with employee and customer issues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to complete job tasks independently and in a time-efficient manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a team-based work environment.