Thanks for the interest! Just a note in case there is some uncertainty due to COVID-19; we are still growing and actively hiring for this position as well as many others. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals, and we are passionate about accelerating scientific discovery and understanding by democratizing science communication.
As our first dedicated UX Designer, you will be an integral part of BioRender’s efforts to streamline the collection and integration of user experience (UX) data into our product cycle. Reporting to our Senior Product Manager, you’ll use customer research, best practices, and iterative testing to inform the design of innovative tools and features for BioRender users.
Our ideal fit
- A full-stack designer, excited by a product’s usefulness, usability, and desirability
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- A deep understanding and interest in UXR best practices and a knack for quickly describing complex concepts into visual mocks
- Curious, loves asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of BioRender’s business objectives, and customers - by conducting or participating in relevant user research and other design thinking activities
- Gain actionable insights thoroughly but efficiently, by applying a range of research methods with both creativity and critical thinking
- Develop a system for aggregating UX study data
- Oversee creation and communication of weekly and quarterly research summaries
- Facilitate product decisions and identify new areas of opportunity by analyzing user data and talking to users
- Create high quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes to visualize and test new features
What you bring to the table
- 2-5 years of experience in UX research and/or design at a SaaS company
- A strong portfolio of projects which demonstrate creative, user-centered design solutions to moderately complex problems
- Significant experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, education, psychology, or a STEM field
- Masters or PhD in Life Sciences field a plus
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Competitive salary + options
Professional development budget
High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page .
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
+ Read more
BioRender is a software developer that provides scientists with a visual research platform.