I’m Leslie and I head up the Brand Strategy team here at Klick Health. The role of Director, Brand Planning works with our clients as the brand steward for their business and consults with clients on what strategies for success and how best to overcome any barriers that will get in the way of delivering on business results. In the role, you will deeply understand the customers needs, competitive strategies, market dynamics and be able to develop positioning, messaging and identify and develop brand strategies that will enable the brand to lead in their category.
Be a thought-leader
Understand and stay up-to-date with:
• Branding, Brand Strategies, Future of Branding
• Healthcare challenges and opportunities
• Brands and accounts for which you’re responsible
• Communicate effectively through writing, oral presentation and saying nothing at all
• Ask probing, thoughtful questions
Be the Brand Steward
• Act as trusted advisor to client to develop breakthrough meaningful brands
• Be passionate about ensuring the brand delivers on its strategic imperatives
• Provide strategic counsel for the client regarding brand strategies and initiatives
• Work with the client to establish their aims and objectives
• Analyze existing data, market reports and trends
• Understand the customers’ needs, wants and motivations, competitive strategies, market dynamics and be able to develop positioning, brand identity, messaging and identify and develop brand strategies that will enable the brand to lead in their category.
• Developing brand strategic plans and recommendations for the brand.
• Advise and work together with the client to shape market research and the key insights that come out of the research.
• Work with medical, creative and other internal teams as required to develop ideas for campaigns and bring the brand to life through experiences
• Developing strategic briefs to inform key teams such as creative, media etc.
• Work closely with other disciplines to ensure customer experience initiatives deliver on the brand strategic imperatives and brand promise
• Present strategies, ideas and recommendations to the client
• Insure integrated, cross-functional solutions.
• Reviewing work and recommendations for strategic accuracy.
• Work together with other agencies as required
Help win work
• Identify new brand building opportunities and bring innovative ideas to the client
• Be involved in new business pitch work as required
Skills and Experience
• University Degree, focus in business , science;, Behavioral Science, Anthropology, MBA preferred
• 7-10+ years experience in brand strategy development work (pharma/biotech)
• Passion for building brands
• Broad Range of therapeutic area expertise across both consumer and HCP audiences
• Superior client presentation & facilitation skills
• Creative problem solving skills with a passion for innovation
• Strong leadership ability with clients and internal teams
• Ability to see the big picture and know how to influence it with the smallest details
• Creative problem solving skills with a passion for brand building
• Proven ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment